Are you looking for a varied accounts assistant position where you get ownership across all of the sales ledger function and exposure to journals and the nominal ledger?
Wallis Lynch are working with a company on the Warwickshire/Birmingham borders to recruit an Accounts Assistant for an initial 6 month period with the possibility of extension or transfer to permanent after the initial contract period.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all sales invoices are processed in a timely manner and that cash is accurately posted:
- Produce all periodic invoices (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual)
- Process recharges to the Nominal Ledger
- Check ad hoc charges, credits and write-offs
- Posting journals
- Resolving unallocated and unidentified cash with the credit controllers
- Updating debtors’ reports and distributing them fortnightly
- Dealing with all invoicing queries
- Supporting the Finance teams as and when needed
- Excel reporting and associated analysis
You will need to have sales ledger experience and ideally nominal ledger journals with confidence to report and analyse data in excel. We are looking for a proactive individual who naturally wants to challenge and improve processes in order to drive performance improvement, as this is the attitude the business are looking to encourage within their culture.
This is a rare opportunity to gain a foot in the door of this organisation, only available due to an internal move within the team. There is some flexibiliy on working hours to accommodate life ie school drops or start early/finish early though full time hours is a must.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent opportunities.