Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant with the ability to manage the purchase ledger function from start to finish? Wallis Lynch are working with a client on the outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon (so easy to get to from Warwick, Leamington, Kenilworth, Redditch, Henley in Arden, Solihull or the west side of Coventry. Working within a small finance team within successful, growing business you will need to enjoy variety and have the ability to take ownership over the purchase ledger function to ensure accuracy and organisation for all outgoing payments to suppliers.
- To ensure that all invoices and other payment requests are checked and inputted into the ledger promptly and accurately
- Query invoices with suppliers and other payment requests as necessary, resolving queries from suppliers and other stakeholders
- Prepare purchase ledger supplier reconciliations to supplier statements
- To be aware of VAT relief if applicable on purchases
- Arrange for credit notes if necessary
- Monitor unauthorised invoices, ensuring these can be traced and queries resolved quickly
- Scan all invoices and ensure the invoice is sent to the correct budget holder for approval
- Ensure the correct ledger codes are used
- Maintenance of all payments through bank to Purchase Ledger
- Management of Direct Debit payments
- File all paid invoices and related reports
- Obtain signatories for payments and BACS
- Identify opportunities for implementing improvements to the Purchase Ledger process and take responsibility for their implementation
- Assist with any other finance duties as requested from time to time by the Financial Controller or Finance Director
This is a lovely company to be part of and a offers someone a happy and interesting place to work within modern offices with free parking. The team are well established and happy, this position has arisen as a result of growth within the business. You will be reporting into the Financial Controller and employed on a permanent basis. Get in touch with Claire Maclachlan on 024 7767 8100 to find out more or apply now.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent opportunities.