Salary: £44-£47k DOE plus bonus and benefits
Do you want to work for an ambitious business at the top of their game in the UK and worldwide?
Are you an operationally focussed Finance Business Partner?
You will be working as a Financial Reporting Manager within the Central Finance team. You will have three direct reports, who you will be responsible for mentoring and developing. This is a very busy role and requires someone who can work at pace and consistently meet deadlines. You will be given the support, training and guidance to develop in the role, but you will be someone who can take direction, use your initiative and have the confidence to be able to ask relevant questions in order to achieve results. We will actively look to develop you, with the view to you becoming a future leader in the function. Once you have proven yourself, you will have the opportunity to shape your role and get involved in different areas of the business, and there is huge scope for progression. This role requires a pro-active character to take this role to the next level.
The initial focus of your role will be to take control of all internal weekly management accounts reporting for the UK business, and ensuring that the function is adding value rather than simply reporting the numbers. This role will require an individual with strong systems knowledge and the ability to lead process improvements across the team.
- Manage and own the reporting process, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and reliability of the data contained within the systems
- Review and take ownership for flash forecast reporting
- Work with the Financial Controller and non Finance Managers to revamp KPI reporting – identify the main drivers of profit, how to quantify their impact, and how best to report on these in order to drive improved operational behaviour and improve bottom line profit.
- Become the Operational Finance ‘expert’ within the UK Central Finance team, by harnessing knowledge from site visits and time spent with non finance heads to get underneath the skin of the business and understand the key drivers of the P&L.
- Assist with ad hoc requests.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to accelerate their Finance career. We offer a competitive benefits package, along with the chance to shine in a fast moving and growing company.
You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) and have a minimum of 2 years relevant post qualification accounting/finance experience, ideally obtained within an FMCG or manufacturing environment. Additionally, you will:
- be confident and have strong communication skills
- be able to deal with and influence colleagues across all levels and functions within the business
- have excellent attention to detail
- have the desire to be a future leader of the finance function
- be naturally hard-working, driven and motivated
- be able to cope under time pressure and to deal with a high volume of tasks
This is a rare opportunity to work for an ambitious company with an enviable culture. Rarely do I sit in reception ready to meet and a line manager and end up wanting to work for the company. There is a buzz about the place you don't find in many companies, and plenty of evidence that they genuinely care for and progress their staff. Great benefits including health care, free parking, days off when the company is doing well and a new bonus scheme on the horizon. The biggest thing for me is that they listen and genuinely take on board staff ideas. For a chance to be part of their journey, contact Claire Maclachlan for more information.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies.