Are you a Management Accountant looking for more flexibility in the hours you work and looking to achieve a true work life balance?
Wallis Lynch are working with a well recognised brand to recruit a management accountant to their small finance team. This is a new role within the organisation, we are looking for someone either CIMA/ACCA qualified or perhaps someone qualified by experience. You'll have the opportunity to manage your own day and work a 35 hour a week with some flexibility to structure your working hours to support family life or perhaps a hobby that needs you to escape the office by 4pm every day!
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of journals for monthly management accounts and supporting schedules
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts and checking of bank reconciliations
- Preparation of quarterly partial exemption VAT returns for the group
- Production of monthly management accounts, commentary and variance analysis
- Involvement in the production of yearly budgets and reporting against budget during the year
- Checking and collating the annual reports for inclusion in the group annual accounts
- Involvement in the production of the annual statutory accounts and supporting schedules for audit, facilitating the audit process.
- Point of contact for supporting and advising non finance in completing their financial reporting requirements and other ad-hoc queries.
- Participating in company events
- Challenge current ways for working and continually seeking to improve processes
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- Management responsibility for one direct report (optional)
What are we looking for?
- CIMA / ACCA qualified, or qualified by appropriate level of experience
- Proven record of production of monthly management accounts
- Sound understanding of double entry accounting
- Experience of SAGE accounting system or similar
- Attention to detail and ability to challenge
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Team player
- Positive attitude and willingness the learn
This is a one off opportunity to join this flexible, autonomous environment within a unique industry, get in touch with Claire Maclachlan to find out more, 024 7767 8100.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent opportunities.