Wallis Lynch are working exclusively with a driven and exciting business in Warwick about to embark on a considerable organic growth plan. As a result they need to recruit an ambitious Manufacturing Finance Manager to work closely with the Operations Director to drive the competitive pricing and costing of new business quotes whilst ensuring the timely and meaningful deliverance of management accounts to the business. This is a varied and challenging role offering someone the opportunity to be involved closely in commercial support and decision making at a pivotal point for this area of the business. Full ownership and autonomy is offered within this role, alongside a positive management style ingrained within the culture of the business. You'll be expected to work independently under your own steam, with the view to selecting and growing your own Finance Team in time as the business grows further on down the line. This would suit someone from a manufacturing background with management and cost accounting experience who is looking to gain further commercial exposure and make a real difference to their own career and be integral to the journey of success the business is on line for.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Understanding and monitoring the standard costs of each product
- Variance Analysis, including variances to product cost standards
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing reports comparing standard cost to actual production cost.
- Analysis changes in product de ign, manufacturing methods and raw materials to measure the effects on cost.
- Stock Control - to include reporting and reconciliation of stock and consumables.
- Support the budgeting, planning and forecasting process.
- Measuring business performance, introducing KPl's and giving commentary.
- Review gross margin trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with sales, purchasing and operations on projects looking at efficiencies
- Proactive role in ongoing systems and process development
- Champion the existing MRP system and integrate with Sage Line 50
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Manage and develop the finance function in the Midlands office.
- Part qualfied/Finalist/ Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills on all levels
- Use own initiative with your work, but have the ability to work as a team
- Logical, methodical and analytical
- A 'hands on approach' required
- Pro-active organic manager, who is able to develop systems a high class team in a fast moving environment.
We are looking for pro-active manager, who is able to develop the existing systems and a high class team in a very fast moving environment. The candidate must have a dynamic approach and 'hands on' attitude. In return the company can offer growth and the opportunity to progress and grow the financial department in our Midlands office.
The business is one of the market leaders in their field, with a customer portfolio boasting some impressive brand names. The position offers a competitive salary with regular pay reviews and a proven track record of keeping hold of their talent as they treat and reward them so well. Study support if you are part way through your accounting qualifications, free parking, Friday afternoons off and a professional, airy and modern working environment. Interview slots have been committed to and shortlisting is currently underway, contact Claire Maclachlan or apply now to be considered for what could be a career game changer for you in 2019.
Wallis Lynch operate as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary, permanent and contract opportunities.