This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a small accountancy practice based in Pedmore, Stourbridge. This is a part time opportunity – offering flexibility to working your hours over 3 to 5 days. Initially offering a 6-month contract, with a view to being extended to a 12-month rollover contract. Study package a possibility.
Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Entering data into the Sage / Xero / IRIS software / digita accounts software
- Dealing with client’s payroll, VAT
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing letters
- Answering the telephone, dealing with clients
- Filing and photocopying and handling the post
- All other associated admin tasks
- Dealing with HMRC online accounts
- Qualified or part qualified AAT Qualification – desirable
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Previous experience working in finance or office administration
- Experience of using Sage One / Xero / IRIS software – desirable
- Good all-round IT skills – experienced with Excel & Word in particular
- Able to work Part time with a degree of flexibility
- A good level of written and verbal skills
- Good telephone manner, polite, professional
- Drivers licence – would be a benefit
- Ability to work alone and independently
Hours: 15 - 20 hours over 3 – 5 working days. To be discussed at interview stage.
Holiday: Holiday will be on a pro rata basis (28 days per year, including bank holidays).
Pay: £9.50 – 12.50 depending on qualifications / hours
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent opportunities.