Part time Finance Assistant role required for SME in north Birmingham. You'll be reporting into the Head of Finance with responsibility for a variety of accounting tasks to support the business. This is a varied and challenging role for someone who is happy working within a small business where you help out answering the phone, doing reconciliations, helping with payment runs and purchase ledger but also get exposure to monthly reporting and assisting with the management accounts if you wanted to further your accounting exposure.
Hours will be 20-25 per week with a salary of £20-22k pro rata for the hours worked.
- posting journals
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly and monthly payment runs
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of month end reporting
- Supporting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the processing of the purchase ledger
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes and working with the Head of Finance to implement them
You'll need to have a natural flair for using your initiative. This is a fun place to work where the people are genuine, hardworking and want the business to continue growing and winning awards as it has from its inception.
Contact Claire Maclachlan on 024 7767 8100 for an informal confidential chat or apply now.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent opportunities.