Are you a Tax expert?
One of our key clients is recruiting a 14-15 month maternity cover to work from their Warwick head office...
Wallis Lynch are recruiting for a Tax Accountant for an international business based from their UK head office in Warwick. You will be required to take ownership of the end to end process for the delivery of their UK tax compliance programme, their group tax reporting and UK financial reporting. This includes all aspects of corporation tax and VAT compliance. The role has direct responsibility to interface with the business across all sites in order to understand business issues and to offer relevant tax advice and ensure tax compliance.
Key task areas include:
- Accounting – including preparation of the full statutory accounts, tax provisions, budgets and month end reporting
- Preparation of the corporation tax computations and returns for all UK companies
- To calculate the quarterly corporation tax payments on account for payment to HMRC
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns
- Provide adhoc advice in respect of PAYE, NIC and CIS
- Manage relationships with HMRC and external tax advisors, along with dealing with HMRC enquiries and audits
- Monitor and improve processes for reporting and management requirements , including Making Tax Digital
- To identify tax opportunities and provide advice to the UK business on key projects and initiatives
Knowledge and experience:
- Qualified accountant such as ACA, ICAS or CTA (or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of corporate tax, VAT and PAYE, including the implications of cross border transactions.
- Excellent communication skills – this is a liaison point for all tax queries and it is essential that the person becomes ingrained in the business to understand the consequences of the transactions that are undertaken.
The person appointed needs to be able to apply tax law on an operational, practical level, rather than theoretical, text book planning level.
Competitive salary including 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays. This is a 14-15 month fixed term contract position offering security and commitment from the business for the duration.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary, permanent and contract opportunities.